Monday, May 11, 2009

Artist Statement

Through out the year of this class and looking at my portfolio I see all improvements. With all my newer projects such as surrealism, personal metaphor and social issues also not to say the new things that I am learning about cameras. It makes it easier for me to see what I learned and how I can use them in the future. Most of my newer stuff is stuff that I wouldn’t have been able to do in just one semester.

When I do look back at my portfolio sometimes I wish I could have came up with a better idea even though I do like my portfolio. It is really difficult for me to come up with ideas every time I brainstorm something it ends up turning into something else. I guess it is better how I start of with something and take off with another. Last year photoshop was difficult but over the years I’ve taken it, it’s not even a problem to me even though I may not now many things about it.

No matter what new projects I do I still say my social issues are what I am most happy with. I think now when I take pictures I will use some of the techniques I learned just by using a camera. I think in the future I would like to use less photoshop and just use the camera and making cool effects on my own. My influence also comes from artists who don’t use much of photoshop.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Sierra, I have definitely seen you improve across the year. I do love that urban homework assignment, excellent picture. I really was impressed with your metaphor as well. As I told you on the sheet, I would have liked to see YOU more... Your background was beautiful- good job creating it! I hope you keep taking photos and expressing yourself!